Archived Stories for Union County Public Schools
Gearing Up For Graduation
The Class of 2011 participated in Senior Week from May 23 â€“ 27. As part of Senior Week, students dressed according to themes each day and then enjoyed a day filled with senior activities on Friday, May 27. Seniors participated in graduation practice, where they realized that the day they have been preparing for is almost here. Graduation tickets were distributed by homeroom teachers and graduates were asked to verify the number of tickets received. Families needing additional tickets may purchase them for $15 each from Mrs. Hill or Mrs. Guignard. Following graduation practice, seniors enjoyed the annual Senior Picnic before receiving their Yearbooks. As Senior Week concluded, graduates were reminded of several important items:
- Seniors must be sure to complete recovery for excessive absences if applicable and pass the required classes.
- Seniors will take 4th block exams on Monday, June 6. This applies for non-EOC classes only.
- Graduates should be at the Cabarrus Arena on June 14 no later than 1:00 p.m.
- All college-bound seniors must complete a form indicating the college they plan to attend so final transcripts can be sent at the end of the year. Graduates cannot be admitted to college until final high school transcripts have been received.
- Graduates must have all fines paid for prior to graduation. Fee sheets were distributed on Friday, May 27 and questions should be directed to Mrs. Stephanie Thomas, bookkeeper.
- Graduates must adhere to the dress code for graduation. Complete dress code guidelines are available by clicking here.
- It is suggested that purses, cell phones, etc. be left with a family member on graduation day. Personal items belonging to graduates will be checked in at the door at Cabarrus Arena.
Written by: Donna Helms, Web Editor
Posted: May 27, 2011 by Donna Helms