Archived Stories for Union County Public Schools
School is back in session!
Welcome back Sardis students and staff! What a wonderful year we have planned. Many things have stayed the same around here, but there are a few changes to share with you (in no particular order):
- We have two new literacy coaches this year, Ms. Roberts and Mrs. Adkisson. Mrs. Marsh has gone to Wesley Chapel Elementary School.
- Mrs. Siler is a fourth grade teacher this year.
- Our new AIG teacher is Ms. Austin. Mrs. Hindes is now teaching at Indian Trail Elementary School.
- Mrs. Davis, our bookkeeper, has taken a new job outside of the school system. We welcome our new bookkeeper, Ms. Presson.
- Ms. Tuttle is new to Sardis and has joined our kindergarten team.
- Due to unfortunate budget cuts, elementary Spanish classes have been eliminated. Ms. Nichols is now an interpreter for the Monroe cluster, and based at East Elementary School.
- We wish the best to the following teachers in their new endeavors: Mr. Gianelli (Union Elementary School), Mrs. Porter (Walter Bickett Education Center), Mrs. Maher, Mrs. Capone (Cuthbertson Middle School), and Mrs. Hartman (retirement).
- Our specials teachers Mrs. McConkey, Mrs. Rearick, and Mrs. Zapka will be teaching at New Town Elementary School every Tuesday. All other days they will be at Sardis.
- Welcome back to Sardis Mrs. Spruiell, who will have a Title I prek class. This means that all of her students will remain at Sardis for kindergarten.
- Welcome EC teacher assistants Ms. Wayman and Ms. Stegall.
Have a great year, everyone!
Written by: Jodi McConkey, Website Editor/Music Teacher
Posted: Aug 28, 2011 by Jodi McConkey