Archived Stories for Union County Public Schools
Porter Ridge to Pilot Online Registration System
Porter Ridge is one of two high schools in Union County that will be piloting a new online registration system for scheduling classes for the next school year. The system was designed by UCPS Technology Services and will allow students and parents to register for classes online instead of using a paper and pencil form.
Beginning February 27th, guidance counselors have been visiting first block classes to talk with students about the new registration process. The plan is to have all students registered using the new system by the beginning of spring break.
- March 5 - Connect Ed call home to announce registration events & timeline
- March 15 - Guidance counselors visit PR Middle School to talk with 8th graders
- March 14 - Screencast showing how the online registration system works goes live on the PRHS website
- March 15 - Parent Program for Middle and High School parents to discuss registration procedures
- March 15 - Homeroom is held, students view screen cast and review registration information. Another Connect Ed call goes out to parents telling them to work with their students to register at home by March 22.
- March 15 - March 29 - Guidance counselors will be available at lunch in the guidance office to assist students with registration
- March 22 - Connect Ed goes out to those who have not registered
- March 30 - April 5 - Guidance counselors work with students who have not yet registered
Written by: April Dawkins; Timeline created by Rebecca Manning
Posted: Feb 29, 2012 by April Dawkins