Archived Stories for Union County Public Schools
Outstanding Senior Social Studies Award
The North Carolina Council for the Social Studies recognizes the following Union County Public Schools students for the Outstanding Senior Social Studies Award.
• Central Academy of Technology and the Arts: Brent Smith
• Cuthbertson High School: Josh Walker
• Forest Hills High School: Ben Polk
• Marvin Ridge High School: Chris Warner
• Monroe High School: Adriana Hernandez
• Parkwood High School: John Leckrone
• Piedmont High School: Joseph Small
• Porter Ridge High School: Neil Forsyth
• Sun Valley High School: Kaitlyn Copadge
• Union County Early College: Bart Cave
• Weddington High School: Logan Leclair
Criteria for this award:
• The student will be a senior enrolled in the current high school for a minimum of two years.
• The student will be nominated by a member of the school’s Social Studies Department faculty.
• The student will display excellence in social studies (90 average or above).
• The student will exhibit leadership skills in class discussion, committee work, debates, etc.
• The student will show enthusiasm for and knowledge of the social studies through readings, use of newspapers, research materials, current periodicals, projects, etc.
• The student will show evidence of service to school and community.
• The student will exhibit the qualities of good citizenship.
The names of these recipients will be published in the fall edition of the NCNSS newsletter, The Tar Heel News.
Written by: Stacy Moore, Social Studies Coordinator
Posted: May 18, 2012 by Michele Schellhorn