Archived Stories for Union County Public Schools
Laptop Family Nights - Oct 16 & 17
UCPS will be providing laptops for all 9th grade students for the 2012-2013 school year. Each school will be holding family events to distribute laptops and inform families about laptop usage and student responsibility. PRHS will hold its Laptop Family Nights on October 16 & 17 (arrive between 5:30 and 6 pm).
Each 9th grade student should bring a parent or guardian (one student and one adult) to one of the two family nights in order to complete the required paperwork and training. (Please do not bring additional family members as we do not have the space to accomodate additional guests.)
- Plan to arrive on campus between 5:30 and 6 pm in order to check in and be directed to the appropriate room.
- Upon arrival, the adult will need to show a picture ID to verify that he/she is the student's legal guardian.
- Tuesday's Family Night will have a session designed specifically for Spanish language users.
- After attendance at the required session and completing the paperwork, the student will be issued their laptop.
- If a parent/guardian cannot attend the session with the student, a parent/guardian must make an appointment by calling PRHS and speaking with Ashley Marion to complete the paperwork and training at Porter Ridge High School beginning Thursday, October 18th. Appointments are only available during school hours.
Written by: April Dawkins
Posted: Oct 02, 2012 by April Dawkins