Archived Stories for Union County Public Schools
2013-2013 Registration to Begin Friday
After Porter Ridge piloted a new online registration system for scheduling classes during the Spring of 2012, the entire county will use the new system for the first time this spring. The system was designed by UCPS Technology Services and will allow students and parents to register for classes online instead of using a paper and pencil form.
Schedule of Registration for High School Students
- February 12 - Connect Ed call home to announce registration events & timeline
- February 14 - Homeroom is held, students view screen cast and review registration information. Discuss scheduling with 2nd semester teachers throughout the day.
- February 15 - Half day for students - Students will go to first semester schedule to review scheduling options with teachers. Take registration cards home and review with parents over the weekend.
- February 18 - Students return registration cards.
- February 18 - March 6 - Students meet individually with guidance counselors to finalize schedule requests for the 2013-2014 school year.
For more information, including directions, links to the Standard Course of Study, and a screencast of the online system, visit our Registration Page.
Written by: April Dawkins
Posted: Feb 12, 2013 by April Dawkins