Archived Stories for Union County Public Schools
Welcome back students and parents !
Welcome Back to Fairview Elementary for the 2013-2014 school year. I hope that everyone had a nice and relaxing summer. I am so excited for this school year and we are off to a great start!
• This first week of school we have been concentrating rules and procedures. Students and parents please refer to your child’s agenda with questions regarding this.
• The UCPS and Fairview’s website have been unavailable the past week but is up and running now. A lot of useful information is posted, so make sure that you check them out! We appreciate your patience.
• Kindergarten student’s first day will be on Tuesday, September 3rd. I would like to welcome all of our new Kindergarten students and parents. Please feel free to approach any staff members with questions. If they do not know the answer, they will kindly direct you to a person who does. We want your experience at Fairview to be fantastic!
• Remember parents, we love volunteers at Fairview! Make sure that you have filled out a volunteer form in order to do so. You only need to do this once, not year after year. If you have any questions, please contact Rachel Seighman, School Counselor.
• If you have any medical concerns with your child, including taking medication,, please contact our school nurse, Nicole Gee. We are lucky to have Nurse Gee every Thursday, Friday, and every other Wednesday.
• Have transportation questions? You may check with the front office for help and they will get you to the right person!
Well I hope everyone’s next few weeks of school run as smoothly as our first week. I look forward to seeing everyone around the building!
~Your Prinicpal, Kelly Thomas
Written by: Richard Wikfors
Posted: Aug 28, 2013 by Richard Wikfors