Archived Stories for Union County Public Schools
Weddington Elementary shares Halloween Safety Tips
As we prepare for the upcoming Halloween season, please take a few minutes to read some simple tips to help keep our children safe.
Halloween is fun for people of all ages, but it is important that your child(ren) remain safe.
- Children should wear clothing/costumes that are bright and reflective.
- Make sure that the holes for facemasks (the eyes) are large to allow more visibility.
- Parents should establish a route for children, children should stay within familiar areas.
- Always walk on sidewalks or paths. If there are no sidewalks, walk facing traffic as far to the left as possible.
- Look both ways before crossing a street.
- Children should never talk to strangers or get into strangers' cars.
- Children should be accompanied by parents or an authorized adult chaperone.
- Children should avoid homes that do not have their outside lights turned on.
- Drive slowly and be especially alert in residential neighborhoods. Children are excited on Halloween and may move in unpredictable ways.
Take these quick and easy precautions to help your children have a happy and safe Halloween!
Written by: Stacie Davis
Posted: Oct 25, 2013 by Stacie Davis