Archived Stories for Union County Public Schools
Friday, April 11th Field Day Reminders
Field Day is just one day away, a day when students can let loose and have fun with all their friends and a great day to kick-off our Spring Break… Friday, April 11th!
Field Day will consist of a variety of events, games and competitions that everyone can enjoy. Many activities will offer physical exercise and help children learn teambuilding skills!
Just a few reminders:
- Kindergarten through 2nd grade will compete in the morning session from 8:30am to 10:30am. The kids will all be wearing matching shirts and will "Enter the Arena" together as a class. There will be designated places for each class to sit together. If your class would like to sit under a tent, your room parent can coordinate that. Please check the weather first as Field Day is early and a tent may not be necessary.
- 3rd through 5th grade will compete in the afternoon session from 11:30am to 1:30pm.
- Please encourage your children to bring water in their own reusable water bottle to decrease the amount of trash that is created. There will be recycling boxes available if there are plastic waters that need to be recycled.
- Sunscreen needs to be applied by the parents before school.
- Please park in the WDES parking lots and along the entrance to the school. Do NOT park in the bus lot or on the road behind the school. This interferes with bus transportation at WDES and WMS.
- Please be encouraging and HAVE FUN! This is a very special day for the kids so bring your cameras (phones) and capture some of the day!
Written by: Jennifer Lassiter
Posted: Apr 02, 2014 by Stacie Davis