Archived Stories for Union County Public Schools
Drama Club students presents "Willy Wonka" performance on May 8th
Weddington Elementary School Drama club members presents “Willy Wonka” performance May 8th at 4pm in WDES Gymnasium!
WDES Drama club is designed to educate students about theatre! They learn basic acting techniques and theatre terminology for their grade level.
Drama is designed to teach students how to work together in groups, think critically, use their imagination, and discover new ideas. Students will learn how to improve their focus, self-confidence, and social skills!
Joining a Drama club is a great way to:
- Improve their communication skills
- Increase confidence in public presentations
- Develop skills of social interaction
- Explore limits and boundaries of human behavior in safe/supervised environment
- Reflect human behaviors; personality types and life situations within the context of drama
- Promote creativity by utilizing thinking
- Develop drama skills
Please join us and support our WDES drama club students as they present “Willy Wonka” on May 8th at 4pm in the WDES Gymnasium!
Written by: Stacie Davis
Posted: May 05, 2014 by Stacie Davis