Archived Stories for Union County Public Schools
WDES students participates in Race Against the Odds
Race Against the Odds is a nationwide race which benefits The Cure Starts Now and their mission to find the homerun cure for cancer by focusing on one of the deadliest of cancers: pediatric brain cancer.
Thank you to everyone involved for their generous support of the third annual Race Against the Odds North Carolina! They had another successful turn out and are still finalizing fundraising numbers, so stay tuned! Students who placed in the race from Weddington Elementary are as follows:
Race Against the Odds
Age Group Winners:
- Female 1-8 year old- 1st Sienna Droze, 2nd Evangeline Thuresson, 3rd Sophia Riden
- Male 1-8 year old- 2nd Gannon Anthony
- Female 9-10 year old- 1st Ellie Wall, 3rd Bella Beilke
- Male 9-10 year old- 1st Chase Barajas, 2nd Sam Nielsen, 3rd Will Lassiter
- Female 11-12 year old- 3rd Elise Walsh
- Male 11-12 year old- 2nd Wyatt McGirt, 3rd Will Brownstead
- A special thank you to our Student Council members and those who organized the 100 Weddington Kids or CATS for a Cure (pictured). This was a great opportunity to promote healthy-active lifestyles and a great cause!
Written by: Stacie Davis
Posted: May 22, 2014 by Stacie Davis