Archived Stories for Union County Public Schools
The Top 12 Reasons Why You Should Attend...
Pathways to Success: 21st Century Teaching, Learning, and Student Success
October 12-14, 2014
Raleigh Convention Center, Raleigh, NC
1. Hear plenary speakers:
* Dr. Scott Ralls, President, NC Community College System (Keynote Presentation)
* Jennifer Brown, Biology Instructor, Robeson Community College (Excellence in Teaching)
* NCCCS Dallas Herring Award Recipients Panel (Student Success) - Brenda Lopez, Brian Pham, Olujimi "Jamir" Jumoke
* Celia Rivenbark, NC author and humorist
2. Choose among over 200 concurrent sessions to attend!
3. NEW this year: See the posters presented by your colleagues
4. Share best practices in student success and retention.
5. Discuss important initiatives and programs that are focused on breaking down barriers to access and success.
6. Choose among dozens of roundtable topics to collaborate with your colleagues
7. Attend association meetings
8. Choose among 19 pre-conference sessions and 5 pre-conference specialized training workshops (at no additional cost!)
9. See the mobile labs
10. See the latest innovations from over 50 exhibitors
11. Taste the best from student culinary programs throughout the system
12. Learn about guiding goals and innovations from your colleagues
For more information or to register, go to http://go.ncsu.edu/ncccs or call the Office of Professional Development at 919.515.2261
Written by: Pulled from NC State University/NC Community College System Continuing Education
Posted: Sep 03, 2014 by Sheila Chaney