Archived Stories for Union County Public Schools
WDES held a kick-off assembly for Fun Run
The ambition for the Wildcats Fun Run 2014 is to promote fitness, participation and teamwork to reach a common goal. 100% of the proceeds from the Wildcats Fun Run 2014 will remain at WDES! Our goal is to raise funds for instructional and recreational uses for items in areas such as: equipment, supplies, safety and security, intervention and enrichment.
All Students will run a track with their class during the school day on October 24, 2014. Every student will receive a Fun Run T-shirt provided by our Fun Run Platinum Partner Robinson Orthodontics.
We have set a $35,000 fundraising goal to be used for general classroom instruction items. Our goal is $50.00 per student. We can attain our goal if we all work together! Anyone may sponsor your student: family, friends, neighbors, or employer by contributing a donation towards our goal. Please collect donated funds in the included envelope at the time of sponsorship request. Sponsorship money is due October 22, 2014.
● Each student earning $25 or more towards our goal, will receive a Wildcats Fun Run water – bottle
● Each student earning $50 towards our goal, will receive a water-bottle, and be entered for a chance to win a Fujifilm FinePix Waterproof Digital Camera. For each incremental $50 raised, an additional drawing entry will be awarded for that student.
● Each student that raises $75 or more will receive a water-bottle, be entered for a chance to win a waterproof digital camera, and be entered for a chance to win a 16 GB Apple iPod Touch. For each incremental $75 raised, an additional drawing entry will be awarded for that student.
● Each student that raises $100 or more will receive not only the water-bottle, a “Wild” car magnet and chances to win a waterproof digital camera, an iPod Touch, but also be entered for a chance to win an Apple® iPad Air. For each incremental $100 raised, an additional drawing entry will be awarded for that student.
● The top earning student for each grade level will be awarded a $100 Visa gift card and an extra drawing entry for the Apple iPad Air!
Parents are encouraged to attend the Wildcats Fun Run 2014 on October 24th to help and cheer. We will need 2 parent volunteers per classroom to help track the number of laps run by your child’s class. Look for an email to sign up through www.SignUpGenius.com. You only need to volunteer during your student’s run time – only 35 minute time slots!
Written by: Maria Bomfim
Posted: Oct 06, 2014 by Maria Bomfim