Archived Stories for Union County Public Schools
Message from the Superintendent - 2009-2010 Cluster Forums
In an effort to reach out to school/community stakeholders and engage in some proactive dialogue, I will be conducting a series of Cluster Forums during the 2009-2010 school year. These forums will be held at each cluster's high school media center on the last Thursday of the month (except in November and December due to holidays). See Forum Schedule below.
Each principal has been asked to identify two parent leaders to represent the school and community to be active participants in constructive discussions on how we can improve the school system and provide greater opportunities for students. Designated School Board members will also be participants in the discussions.
All other interested parties are invited to attend the Cluster Forums as observers.
- Thursday, September 24, 2009, 6:00 p.m., Porter Ridge High School
- Thursday, October 29, 2009, 6:00 p.m., Cuthbertson High School
- Thursday, November 19, 2009, 6:00 p.m., Forest Hills High School
(includes Wolfe, CATA, WBEC) - Thursday, December 17, 2009, 6:00 p.m., Monroe High School
(includes Early College) - Thursday, January 28, 2010, 6:00 p.m., Sun Valley High School
- Thursday, February 25, 2010, 6:00 p.m., Weddington High School
(includes South Providence) - Tuesday, March 23, 2010, 6:00 p.m., Parkwood High School
- Thursday, April 29, 2010, 6:00 p.m., Piedmont High School
- Thursday, May 27, 2010, 6:00 p.m., Marvin Ridge High School
Written by: Don Mace
Posted: Jan 12, 2010 by Don Mace